Wednesday 7 December 2011

Madame Claude Meridian Strass

A while ago I got the beauties off ebay. I always admired this style on other ladies but was worried that my slightly wider foot wouldn't fit, but I took the risk. They are actually a half to full size bigger than my usual Louboutin size, so tiny bit longer than I need in order to fit widthwise, they are 38 1/2.
no flash:
with flash:




I bought these with the intention to strass them with Swarovski flat back crystals and Gem Tac glue. As they are not a full pump I thought it would be great starter pair as it hopefully shouldn't take so long and cost so much lol (Swarovski crystals don't come cheap).
I contemplated on ordering from couple of different UK online shops, but then decided that Dreamtime Creations will be the best as they have a great selection of colour and sizes and it's worth paying the extra bit on postage (I think it was 6.75 USD). I initially ordered 5 sizes of crystals: 5ss (10 gross), 9ss (10 gross), 12ss (2 gross), 16ss (2 gross) and 20ss (1 gross). When I got through about 2/3 of the first shoes, I ran out of 12ss, so ordered another 4 gross, hoping this will last the project. I think I will need to order more 5ss and maybe 9ss soon.
This is when I started:



Progress:



With all my other activities I only get a few evenings a week to get on with this project and this definitely is a time consuming project with lot of patience required! So far I have one shoe nearly finished, will update as soon as I manage to get more photos done!

2 comments:

  1. lovely work! The results are really beautiful, though I wouldn't have dared try it first time on a pair of CLs :)

    ReplyDelete