Wednesday 12 October 2011

Christian Louboutin Very Prive DIY

I would like to share little DIY that I did a while ago. I found these Christian Louboutin Very Prive Africa shoes on ebay for a steal and while I absolutely love the style, I wasn't all that keen on the colours / pattern. Plus they were rpetty beat up and sad looking with scuffs on the heels and tips and the generally needed a bit of TLC.
 So I got some Tarrago Self Shine Dye Kit in colour Aubergine no. 54. and dyed them a nice purple berry colour. This dye is suitable for leather, artificial leather and canvas (these Loubies are canvas). 

This is after first coat:


Several coats later (it took about 3 - 5 coats depending on area):




In part 2 of this transformation I decided to add some glitter as my main problem were the scuffed heels and tips, which were not covered by the dye. So I ordered a few tiny pots of fine glitter online which was dead cheap and some Gem Tac glue which dries to a waterproof / transparent finish.


Then I started to apply the glitter to the shoes:


And this is the result. It did take some time for the excess glitter to stop falling off, probably about 2 - 3 wears.




They may need re-soling soon as I wear them quite a bit, but the glitter has lasted with no problem maybe 8 months, I would say maybe 20 wears at least. :)
Do you have a similar DIY experience? I want to know all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment