Sunday 23 October 2011

Christian Louboutin Let's Go glitter DIY

This is another glitter DIY that I did a while ago.
Got a pair of Louboutins of ebay, which looked like someone dyed them from light colour to black. That would be OK, but the dye was all over including the beautiful red soles. Literally like someone dipped the shoes in a bucket of black dye!
I only took a couple of crappy iphone pics...but they were greyish black inside out:(
and the soles
So I have searched and searched online and found a company that sell red paint especially for LOuboutins soles. I think I paid something around £7 for teeny tiny pot, but the paint has a really good coverage, so little goes a long way.
This is how the soles looked after I touched them up with the red paint. I couldn't completely cover the scratches, but then again that's not what the paint is for, some red vibram soles would have done the job better I think!

I knew from the start I was in for another glitter madness, so off I went and bought some jet black glitter, in fine and chunky hexagonal. I mixed these two about 50/50. My previous glitter DIY was just using fine glitter, but I felt this time I wanted to try the chunky glitter as it gives a bit more sparkle!
Back with my trusty Gem Tac glue...combined with the glitter...and voila!
My camera was broken at the time, hence the rubbuish Iphone pictures.
Unfortunately I didn't keep these babies as they were half to full size big for me, so I am still on the hunt for a black pair of closed toe pumps in need of some jazzing up:)

1 comment:

  1. very creative!.
    ----------------------
    Pigalle Passions
    The biggest CL pigalle spotter site in the world!
    http://www.cl-pigalle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete